Friday, October 31, 2014

My Husband's New Throw » Finished

In my last post, I showed you my first W.I.P. in 3 years. Well, now it's finished and I'm back to show it off! I did use the same yarn that is called for in the pattern mostly because I already had 4 skeins of the camo from frogging the afghan I had originally started 3 years ago. Anyway, here's the throw in all it's wonderfulness. 

I also made a hat, mug cozy, and swiffer dust cover (not shown) with the leftovers.
I also made it 75" (150 rows) instead of 56" because my husband is tall. ;) This made the throw look real thin and real long which I didn't like, so I adjusted the border to make it approximately 6" wide. It did help some but next time I attempt something like this, I will be adjusting the entire pattern. For help on calculating yarn amounts, number of rows, etc., please check out The Crochet Crowd's calculators. Find them HERE.

And, once again, you can find the pattern for this manly throw HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment